What a weekend

So, how much can you jam pack into 3 days?
A lot.

We started with a trip to Disneyland! We used our vouchers from our volunteer work earlier in the year. Hi-ho Hi-ho it's off to Mickey's house we go...

As soon as we got through the pearly gates, Mickey was welcoming in his guests. We had planned on hitting up his house for a visit, what better timing that he was waiting for us. A 10ish minute wait beats the hour or so that I've heard people waiting. The day was off to a great start.

I didn't know how F was going to react to the 5.5ft mouse. She's been acting a wee bit shy when strangers try and talk with her or compliment her eyes/dress/comb over. She's a lucky girl ;) Of course, she proved me wrong again and I'm kicking myself for not videoing their meeting. She started with a little hop and then got her feet and skipped like a little pony to his lap and jumped in. I had to quickly pick up my jaw. Not because she liked Mickey but that skip. We've never seen her hop like that. Leave it to the mouse.

After Mickey's hello, we trekked our way to her next favorite. Pony time!

We made our way around the kiddie area and hopped on a couple rides. I think we scared the poo out of her when we decided to go on Pinocchio. Who knew that ride was going to be so grim? She survived and we don't think she has any permanent damage from being swallowed by the whale....lol
It's a small world was a fave along with the tiki room. Those silly singing birds...ahh-mazing.
Pooh was out and F encored her happy skip. I love it. I wonder who will bring out the next skip. I hope I can capture it on vid. So sweet.


Having a moment with Daddy waiting for the train, side eye in full effect. I hope I can get another pic like this when she's about 16. You know we're going to embarrass her at some point in the tween years.

Practicing her stroller pushing skillz for Baby Deuce.

What a fantastic day! She scored a new Mickey and caught the backside of her eyelids about two minutes after the car started. Our day was success!


The rest of the weekend was equally as successful. The quest for completing the baseboards is in full effect. Living room can now be added to the complete list. Aren't they gorgeous? Go ahead and lie to me if you don't think so. These babies have been waiting for the nail holes to be filled, caulked and painted since we moved in. 17 months ago. No better time than to squeeze in every loose end project in the last 8 weeks of pregnancy, right?


Saving the best for last :)

We've been half-assing the whole potty training thing for awhile. She's been using the potty on occasion but we haven't been actively trying to get a routine going. Until now. She's enrolled in a part time program for September. Although this particular school doesn't offer anything more than 2 days a week. Ideally when I'm back to work full time, she'll need to get into a lengthier program. The top school we're looking at requires her to be fully potty trained.

She's proven she's ready. Aside from Disneyland she's been running around in her big girl panties all weekend, even woke up with a dry dipe this morning! Oy, who knew I'd be getting this excited talking about big girl panties and dry morning diapers? Anyhow, my sis offered to make her first official potty chart. A mere 6 hours after we put it up, she was one trip away from the first prize. She's definitely ready.



Whew, I'm exhausted after just recapping the weekend. I'm pooped and feeling the wrath of 31.5 weeks pregnant...the babe is doing well and that's all that matters right now. Have a great week, all!

Comments

Popular Posts