Downhill is kinda nice...

I like a countdown rather than a counting up. 19 weeks left sounds like nothing!! Well, if I'm lucky I'll go at 38 weeks again. That would be awesome and I'd only have 17. Holy schnikes! This snowball is going to gain speed quickly.

Behold, Baby Deuce in all her/his glory!



a banana.

Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for hydration and nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies are most interested in tastes they've already experienced through amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you want your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch.
I guess it's time to start ramping up on the spicy foods - oh, along with fruits and veggies - to get this one acclimated to my favorite foods ;) I've got a pepper belly and so does Fal. I luuuurve me some spicy noodles from a local Thai joint. Surprisingly, she love 'em, too. I didn't think much about it when I was pregnant with her but it makes sense, right?

Who knew this blog was going to be dedicated to just my pregnancy updates? Things have been busy and not all that exciting, really. I'm ready for this rainy winter to turn to sunny spring. I've got some great projects in queue that might spark more interest than the banana sized fetus I've got somersaulting in my belly.

BUT since I don't have any fun projects to share at this moment, I'll continue my pregnancy tangent. I've grown considerably in the past week. I'll get presentable for the camera this weekend and snap a pic. I can't remember if I took weekly shots with Fal and all my pics are stored on the computer that no longer turns on in our closet. ::adding take the iMac into the geeks to pull off our music and pics & pick up an external hard drive to my list:: I do know that I'm carrying so much different than her. Like this kid is kicking under the bikini line, no joke. I didn't carry this low or at least Fal had the decency to keep it above the belt. In any case, this is just another thing to add to "this pregnancy is soooo much different than the first."

xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts