Tale of a Mango & a Big Girl Bed

Can I really be 19weeks?! We're at mango status, people. Groooow baby grow!

The 19th week has a rather interesting description, too:

Vernix caseosa, a greasy white substance made of lanugo, oil and dead skin cells (yum) now coat the baby's skin, shielding it from the amniotic fluid. (Picture yourself after a nine-month bath, and the need for protection makes sense.) You might actually get to see the vernix at birth, especially if the baby is premature.

Yum. Although, it's not that bad, if I remember correctly. It's amazing how quickly the mind forgets all things painful/icky/horrific with regard to labor & delivery. If I sat and thought all about the 16 glorious hours I was in labor with Fal, I'm sure I wouldn't be sitting here stoked about going through it again. Although it's not so much the actual labor, the recovery from said delivery should be enough to send women running for the hills. However, it's probably best that by design that your nether regions are ::ahem:: nether because I sure as hell don't want to see what I was feeling during recovery. Wow, that was some tangent.

On a lighter note, Deuce is an acrobat just like Fal was in utero. I'm feeling this little one all.the.time.now. Kinda cool and creepy at the same time. I stand by the whole baby in the belly is little too sci-fi for my taste. I mean, you've seen Spaceballs, right? I just picture the little one popping out of my belly button with a top hat and cane and dancing the jig all over the dinner table. Ewww. The hubs and I were discussing movements last night and he admitted he'd be super creeped out to be feeling something moving around inside his belly. If only guys could walk a day in pregnant shoes...

BREAKING NEWS!
Fal is officially transitioned into a big girl bed! Who knew that we'd get so lucky with the transition happening so quickly and seamlessly? The hubs had some friends over Saturday to assemble the bed and do boy stuff in the garage. It turned into an impromptu get together. My mom and aunt stopped by on their afternoon bike ride. Hub's mom, grandmother and cousin all popped in as well. We got her excited about her big girl bed by plopping the mattress down and getting her to jump on it. She hopped and ran across it, loving on her new big girl status.

A finished room:


I let her pick out the sheets we dressed it in. Although she kept going back to the crib mattress while it was still in the room, she knew that things were happening. As soon as the crib disappeared, it was out of sight out of mind though. Boy, the sleeping gods were looking out for Mommy and Daddy that night!

See? Good morning sunshine! We're so proud of you!!


Poor kid, I ran into that room as soon as I heard her moving to capture a picture of her first morning waking in her big girl bed. She yelled noooo mooommmy! (see her shaking her hands?) You bet your ass I'd be yelling something a bit worse you were trying to snap pics of me moments after I woke up. She recovered quickly though. She told me so over her morning cup 'o milk.

And just 'cause she's the cutest girl around and pictures paint a thousand words. A self proclaimed daddy's girl & little copycat.


xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts