My Nae Nae

It's a rare occasion that I'm at a loss for words, yet I've started and deleted this post a dozen times, at least.

Oh Renee, I miss you. You are cancer free finally - left it in the dust as you took off to your heaven. You deserve every moment of pain-free bliss with your angels. I hate cancer for taking your beautiful smile from us too soon.

I first met Renee in middle school. You know that awkward phase; pimples, periods and boys? What a way to start a friendship! A true friend, the type where you don't talk every single day and pick up exactly where you left off. Epitome of selfless and kindhearted individual. I've had lots of time to reflect our years together over the past month and half when she fell ill for the last time. Damn, I'm lucky to have been her friend.


And as I sit here and smile over the memories we've had and the lessons in life she has left me, I'm grateful. It's easy to get caught up in daily routines and take them for granted. My promise to Nae was to slow down, breathe and appreciate now. Ironically, as I type I'm being kicked like crazy from the inside out and life is good.


Be inspired. Check out her website here and her blog here.

I love you, Nae. I miss you everyday. I BELIEVE in you.

Comments

Popular Posts